Forever Moments and Sewing

Somewhere ahead she jumps for joy; leaping delicately, soft sand sweeping across her tiny feet. My head is hazy from too much sun and the sound of easy waves flowing in and out, but her infectious laughter creeps in and captures me and in that second I realise what it takes to make a moment you know will stay forever; not just on film, but also in your heart:

Forever Moments and Sewing

A child’s laughter, sandals on their first outing of the year, blue skies, warm sun and endless sea that sparkles in the distance. Dreams are possible, I’m sure of it:

Forever Moments and Sewing

And then I wonder. I wonder about what makes a home and what it is we are searching for. A place where we can feel like this every day? Because I know that every life, no matter how beautiful, has moments of stalemate and in those moments what is it that pulls us through? Solitude in nature? The rowdy embrace of friends and family? A view that perks us up each morning? But then, with each moment that I wonder about what we are searching for, there are a million moments when I know I am simply glad to have a hunger for life. A desire to soak up each adventure; no matter what the circumstances or the outcome and I realise that to continue on our journey is the only thing we can do.

So I struggle on late into the night making curtains from cheap fabric for the Dandy before selling her on Saturday … because there is no darn way I am parting with all the gorgeous material I spent hours finding and making into curtains and cushions when we first embarked on life in a camper; even if Milla did only think it was good enough for sleeping on …

Forever Moments and Sewing

Loading related posts...

0 comments:

Post a Comment