I love ceiling fans! They are great accents to a room and yes! they also serve their purpose.. It is particularly great if you prefer natural air circulating around an area plus a lot of modern ceiling fans now also includes lighting so that provides you with three functions in just one fixture.
Another great thing is the wide variety of styles and materials of ceiling fans in the market that there is almost always a design available to suit the look and feel of the area you want to place it in. Whether its craftmade ceiling fans, traditional, outdoor, monte carlo fans or modern styles you want there is sure to be a good variety to choose from.
Our house in particular has several and since I prefer modern, contemporary fixtures, I was still amazed by the many choices when we shopped around. It's a great way for us to cool down and besides we all prefer the natural breeze turned in by ceiling fans than by air conditioners plus we get to cut down our energy costs too.
Some tips on choosing a ceiling fan:
- Know your room size. You wouldn't want to have a gigantic ceiling fan covering most of your ceiling if your room is just small.
- Factor in also the height of your room. Some ceiling fans could be thin in height others could appear to be bulky.
- Check out the components. Get a fan with permanently lubricated bearing and sealed oil tank. Quality components means zero or less maintenance for you.
- Blade performance should also matter. Make sure it turns out the breeze you want in a particular room.
- Choose a style and finish that would match your room. Motor casings come in brass, nickel, iron, copper, bronze and painted. Blades are also made with different materials or if you want a more flexible look, have a look at reversible blades.
- Do you want it remote controlled for convenience or you prefer the traditional hard wired? A lot of ceiling fan models now offer a wide number of options, like timers, rotating speed etc.
- Do some window shopping first and don't make hasty decisions. Make sure you really like what you get..