Cinco de Mayo?

My mother's parents were born in Ireland.  I studied French in school for 8 years.  My married name is of Spanish origin.  My children, whose last name is of Spanish origin too, are more Irish than Spanish. 


I was born and raised in California and live there now.  I have seen more of France than Mexico.  I have never been to Ireland.   


There is nothing I like about corned beef and cabbage.  French foods are delicacies.  There is much I love about quesadillas and burritos. 



Cinco de Mayo?I know not a single word of Gaelic.  I used to be able to speak, read, and understand French.  Besides the menu at Taco Bell and being able to count to 10, I know only about a dozen Spanish words.  I wasn't even sure if I was spelling "Cinco de Mayo" correctly until I found this clip art.  


I know there is much history associated with this special day and if there was an upside down question mark on my keyboard, I would have used it at the beginning of the title for this post.  


To all who celebrate this day, enjoy!






Cinco de Mayo?

0 comments:

Post a Comment