A Day to Remember

I spent some time today with my very cute grandchildren.  My 8-year-old grandson's softball game was canceled due to rain so he wanted to watch his 4-year-old sister at her gymnastics class.  He had fun watching her and she loved her class.  Then I took them out to lunch and on a couple of errands.  


As I drove them home, I played a CD they'd gotten with their lunch.  We did not know what to expect in terms of songs, but when the first track began to play, they were both visibly elated.  They recognized the song from a favorite television show.  And then they sang along with it.  The following two songs we all recognized and we all sang along.  As I was getting closer to their house, I asked if they were ready to go home or if they wanted to listen to music for a little while longer.  The music won. 


When we arrived at their house, my son met us at the car.  I'm so proud of him; he's such a great father.  I saw glimpses of my younger son today.  Our schedules are nothing alike, so we are like ships in the night passing each other at sea. 


Today would have been my father's 78th birthday.  I can't think of a nicer way to remember him on this special day than to spend time with my family.  Today is definitely a day to remember. 


A Day to Remember

Loading related posts...

0 comments:

Post a Comment