Marking 15 years together

Marking 15 years togetherFifteen years ago today, I walked down the aisle on my father’s arm toward the handsomest man I had ever seen.

I was so decked out that he hardly recognized me!

Pastor Steve insisted that we compose our own vows. I regret that because I cannot remember what we said. They are in my huge wedding scrapbook, so I can look them up when I want to.

The traditional ones are hard to improve on: “For better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.”

We’ve had all those and we are still happily married. I am grateful every day that I married my wonderful, funny, handsome, charming, precious husband!

Most weddings have funny little bloopers. I didn’t want bloopers; I’d seen enough of those! So I made a 15-page operations order (“op order”) and sent it to everyone who had anything to do with the wedding. In consequence, all went well — except for one detail.

Marking 15 years togetherAfter the giving away portion of the ceremony, we were supposed to step forward so my train was not blocking the pew where my parents were seated. We forgot. Dad knew better than to step on my mother’s masterpiece of a wedding gown. He had to jump over the train. How I wish I had a picture of that!

I had told no one that I intended to kiss my daddy after he gave me away, but the photographer got that picture, for which I am very grateful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment