Floor lamps are a fabulous way to make use of a limited space and come up with a room accent that is both functional and stylish. Lamps and lighting fixtures are great add ons to create mood and also to style a room. Aside from that installing effective lighting provides safety, comfort and a little more pizzaz to an area.
Some rooms though have limited spaces or if you have particular spot that you want to highlight, a floor lamp will come in handy. There are also numerous choices you can look through with floor lamps. But like when choosing all other kinds of lighting fixtures there are things you need to consider.
- Factor in the purpose of the lamp. Is it for ambient or general lighting? This means it is meant to light the entire room indirectly so you will have to go for a lamp like a torchiere. Or is it a task lighting where you need to highlight an specific nook like your reading area, or your work space? Then a open-bottomed lamp shade would be preferable.
- Keep the space measurements in mind.
- Choose your bulbs with care. Flourescent bulbs are environmentally friendly while halogen bulbs could generate a lot of heat and this wouldn't be so nice particularly if the room is small.
- Be mindful of its features and components.
- Choose the style, color, theme that would match your room decor. If you want it to be the room centerpiece, then get unique floor lamps.