RetroRama vintage wear or does this mink go with black

I may have mentioned this in a previous post, but I do not have time to sew anything retro-inspired to wear to this year's RetroRama event.

But fortunately in my closet I have a darling vintage 60s (I think) cocktail dress that is almost a perfect fit. A few tucks at the waistline will give it that more fitted 60s silhouette.

RetroRama vintage wear or does this mink go with blackAnd look at the bow detail. Isn't that sweet?

RetroRama vintage wear or does this mink go with blackNow, I also have in my possession a few fur stoles that belonged to my grandmother.

Can any of you tell me how in the world this piece is supposed to be worn? I couldn't find any photos of her wearing it, nor do I recall ever seeing her wear it.

Does it wrap around one's neck? That seems a bit goofy.

RetroRama vintage wear or does this mink go with blackIf so, what are the plastic chains on the inside of it for? I looks like they are some type of closure, but I have no idea how to work them. Can any of you tell me how it should be worn? And would it have been true to the age of the dress?

RetroRama vintage wear or does this mink go with blackI could always don this piece. But would it be true to the era to wear something like this over a three-quarter length sleeve?
RetroRama vintage wear or does this mink go with blackSide note: I know some of you may have very strong feelings about the wearing of fur. Please be respectful of my views also. Not only are these sentimental pieces that bring back memories of my beloved grandmother, but honestly, these animals died long before I was born. RetroRama vintage wear or does this mink go with black

0 comments:

Post a Comment